I've been playing around with my new iPhone, looking for more ways to use it to make my everyday life easier. Currently, I'm focusing on shopping :)
Now this post isn't about shopping online - although to be honest I'd rather shop online than go out to shopping centres. I usually lose my shopping list, can't remember where I parked my car, and because I'm trying to fit it all in around food and nap times for the kids, we all usually end up tired and cranky after an hour or so. Not the pleasant experience shopping used to be!
So I've been thinking and playing, and playing and thinking.. and I've discovered 5 ways I can use my new iPhone to make shopping easier:
- Take a photo of my shopping list before I leave the house (you can also just type your list into your phone, but a photo takes less time for me)
- Take a photo when I park my car so I can remember where it is - which car park, level, the shops closest to it, etc
- Use apps for price matching and shopping centre information - I love the Big W and Westfield ones
- Scan / take photos of receipts as I receive them (sometimes I lose mine so at least I have a record of prices and a back up for warranties when the original receipt fades. Not sure if shops would exchange / refund using a photo, but if not - maybe they will one day!)
- If I'm shopping around I take photos of what I find at each shop, it saves so much time as I don't have to walk back and forth between shops trying to remember prices and details when comparing
So my shopping is full of photo taking and phone use now, but it makes a real difference to the amount of running around I do! It's a lot less stressful too as I don't have to rely on my (really bad) memory any more...