Welcome to this week's Easy Way video!
I went to Sydney this week for an overnight trip to attend IKEA's launch of their new outdoor range (gorgeous stuff -I'll be featuring it shortly on the blog!).
Before I left I asked on Facebook if you'd like to see how I pack my suitcase and the response was YES!
So here it is! Check out the video below to see how I pack my suitcase:
Here's a quick list of what I packed for my overnight trip & where I put it:
Outside zippered compartment:
- small handbag for the event
Inside zippered compartment on lid:
- heels (wrapped in a plastic rubbish bag)
Inside main compartment:
- Toiletries bag (I get travel size toiletries from Big W and pack sample size make up from my Lust Have It subscription)
- Large White Packing Cube has my clothes:
- dress for the evening event, jeans, tank, shirt, cardigan for the next day - I layer so I only have to pack one outfit option, and I can just add & remove layers depending on the weather. I also pack a spare shirt & scarf in a different colour as a back up
- Medium White Packing Cube has my scarves - I had 1 for the event, 1 for the next day & 1 spare as a back up
- Small White Packing Cube has underwear - no info on those sorry! A girl has to have her secrets ;)
- Grey Packing Cell has sleepwear - I pack winter and summer pjs just in case
- Ghd straightener is packed in it's own heat resistant carry case (including clips)
- Laptop in Typo padded case
- Laptop cords strapped into the Grid-It
- The usual stuff I take in my Borne Naked Liner - check out that video here
- Small umbrella with cover
- iPad in a travel folder with pen & paper
- Belkin view lounge iPad stand - I use it as a tripod to film videos / read ebooks on my iPad or iPhone. Check out this post here for more info
- Water bottle & snacks for the trip usually crackers so I don't spill anything ;)
What I wear on travel day
- I layer my clothes so I can add & remove layers depending on the weather
- I wear comfy flats that will also go with my other outfit - that way I only have to pack heels. BUT next time I'll take thongs as well, I got terrible blisters this time because I hadn't worn the flats in a while!
Find the white packing cubes at Ciao Bella Travel: http://tinyurl.com/9lelbz7Find the the Sea to Summit packing cell range at Howards: http://tinyurl.com/9vtac37
Find the grid it cocoon at Howards: http://tinyurl.com/8v8z3na
Link to the Christmas Planner offer for Oct 1, 2012 (look for the orange box in the sidebar): http://www.makechristmaseasyplanner.com/
Don't forget to share YOUR tips! How do you pack your suitcase?
FTC - The grey packing cube and grid-it cocoon were provided by Howards Storage World, the ghd straightener was a Christmas gift from my husband, and everything else was purchased by me. This video is not sponsored :)