Raise your hand if you have at least 1 place in your home that tends to collect junk!
Now, keep your hand up if you have more than 1 place like this at your house..
Don't panic! I have them too - I call them Clutter Spots.
Clutter Spots are places where everything tends to collect - a junk drawer, a cupboard you just throw things into when you're tidying in a hurry, the top of a counter, etc.
- On top of my freezer
- On my dining room table
- In my bedside table drawer
- In my handbag
Now most people have places like this in their home and that's completely normal & ok - it's what you do with your Clutter Spots that really counts!
The way I see it, you have 3 choices:
- Ignore the Clutter Spots in your home & when they fill up, just find a new place to put your clutter (too messy!)
- Train yourself & your family to not make of use clutter spots at all (too hard!)
- Embrace the habit and make clearing it out part of your regular housework routine (much better!)
So this month for Neat & Tidy we will be clearing out those Clutter Spots, giving you fresh surfaces to work with!
Here's your free checklist: I've listed some common Clutter Spots on it, so just match them up with your house or use the blank page to fill in your own Clutter Spots :)
So, go ahead and:
- download your checklist
- complete 1 zone each week
- enjoy your clutter free home!