Trust me, it's too big a job to do in one go without getting frustrated and giving up.
Instead, try focusing on small things that you can do in a few minutes, and build from there. After all, every little bit helps!
Here are 7 ways you can declutter in under 10 minutes:
- Open a kitchen drawer, take out every tool you haven't used in the last year and chuck it out or donate it
- Go through your pens and textas and throw out the ones that don't work
- Go through your bedside table and throw out all rubbish and broken items
- Have a look in your sock drawer - any lonely looking single socks in there? Get rid of them (or put them in your kids' craft box and make sock puppets tomorrow)
- Go through your children's shoes and take out any that are too small.
- Open your pantry and throw away every thing out of date. If your pantry is too big, just pick one shelf and do that one today
- Take a look in your tupperware cupboard - any containers without lids? Repurpose them and use them for organising in other parts of the house
There - 7 ideas you can try right now, no matter how little time you have. Try printing out this list and checking off one every day!
Have you joined the FREE Neat & Tidy Challenge yet? If so, take some before and after pics from your decluttering and post them on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #neatandtidychallenge
P.S. Liked this post? Click here to share it with your friends on Twitter!
- This post is not sponsored
- Image courtesy of Bill Longshaw / FreeDigitalPhotos.net