You may already be familiar with my obsession with robot vacuum cleaners :)
I’ve been a fan of the idea ever since I first heard about them last year! They vacuum your floors while you:
- get on with other housework
- go out and about running errands
- head off to work for the day
- play Lego with the kids,
- or even sit back with a cold drink and a magazine and watch them do their thing ;)
What an awesome idea! It completely fits with my ‘Make Life Easy’ motherhood mission. It’s been on my wishlist for ages, so I was thrilled when I was asked to try one out and review it!
I’ve had a lot of questions come in since I first started talking about robotic cleaners, the most popular being:
- Do they work as well as they seem to in the ads?
- How noisy are they?
- Can they take care or cat or dog hair?
- Do you think the kids would be scared of it?
Have a look at what it’s like in real life - I filmed it in action this week, and it answers all of those questions for you! Plus Sophie and Georgia make cameo appearances ;)
So how well does it work? The Neato works really, really well. I LOVE it, and I certainly won’t ever go back to vacuuming the ‘old way’.
It has no problem picking up dirt, hair, dust - basically anything! The only thing I wouldn’t try is vacuuming Play Dough - but I think we all know once Play Dough gets into the carpet, nothing gets it out - you have to move ;)
How noisy is it? Exactly the same as every other vacuum cleaner I’ve used. I didn’t notice a difference.
Can it take care of dog and cat hair? Well, we haven’t got pets, but judging by how well it picked up the hair from the 3 girls in our house, I would say yes. And when I looked at the Neato website it says it's specifically designed for pet owners and allergy sufferers, so I was impressed with that!
Do the kids get scared of it? Nope, we haven’t had a single problem and our kids are aged 1 and 3 years. If anything, they’re excited and amazed by it. I found my girls were happy to be in the same room when it was on, and when we let it just go through the whole house they just walk around it and keep playing. The only thing I found was they didn’t want to turn it on themselves (which I’m fine with as it means they’re less likely to swtich it on and off while I’m not looking!).
Other features I love about the Neato:
- When it’s battery runs low, it takes itself back to its dock to recharge
- You can schedule it to run daily, every other day, or 3 times a week
- It’s bagless and easy to empty - you just take out the compartment so you don’t even have to pick up the whole machine
- It does all the different types of floors in our home - carpets, floor boards, kitchen tile, and our shaggy rug
- It goes through the room systematically, not just at random. So I know when it’s done, it really has covered the whole room. That’s a huge feature for me because I don’t have to waste time checking the floors for missed spots - it covers the whole space intelligently.
Want one for your house? You can buy a Neato right now at David Jones!
You enter my giveaway for a chance to win one for FREE!
To enter, just share this giveaway on Facebook or Twitter:..and then leave a comment below telling me how you think owning a Neato will make your life easier!
- Click here for the easy Twitter share option
- For Facebook just copy and paste this line: Check out this Neato robotic vacuum cleaner on the Beautifully Organised website: http://bit.ly/NeatoRobotics)
Entries close at midnight (Sydney time), Monday April 1, 2013, and I'll announce the winner via email, on the blog and in the Beautifully Organised weekly newsletter a couple of days later.
Don't forget the fine print:
- Prize to be shipped within Australia
- It's a game of skill so I'm looking for answers that are thoughtful or creative and relevant to your personal situation!
- Make sure you leave me a way to get in contact with you so I can let you know if you win! Email address, Twitter / FB details, etc. Post your contact method here in comments or email it privately to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE AS A GUEST POST ON YOUR BLOG OR IN YOUR NEWSLETTER? Of course you can - just make sure to include this bio and picture with it:
Marissa Roberts helps busy mothers find more time in the day to do everything. She teaches family friendly organising and time management techniques to mums looking for more work, life and family balance. Get her FREE ebook “5 Steps to an Easy Morning" at www.beautifullyorganised.com
I received a complimentary Neato to review for this post. No payment has been made for this article and all opinions are my own.
Hosted by Three Lil Princesses