A new baby on the way is always exciting!
It also means life is about to get even busier.
You'll be juggling feeding / sleeping / changing / bathing / recovering / entertaining visitors / cooking / eating / showering / washing / dishes / and more..
My biggest tip? Ask for and accept as much help as you want. It's totally fine for your only priorities right now to be looking after baby and looking after YOU.
But I know real life gets in the way of that, so I also have a few practical tips to make life easy for new mums (and dads)!
Here are 4 quick tips to make life with a new baby easier:
1. Put a note inside your nappy bag with a list of everything you normally pack into it. Then on days when you're tired, in a hurry or have someone else packing the bag, you can see at a glance what needs to go into it and have it packed in 2 minutes instead of 10
2. Set up a nappy change bag or basket that you can take from room to room easily and fill it with nappies, nappy sacks, wipes & cream. If you can find one, get it with a strap or handle that lets you carry it while holding the baby if you need to. Or just use your nappy bag. Now you can change bub in whatever room you're already in - lounge room, your bedroom, bathroom at bath time - instead of having to get up and walk all the way to baby's bedroom (particularly handy if baby's room is upstairs)
3. Record your favourite shows so you have something good to watch when you're up for late night feeds - you'll be surprised how much easier it is to stay awake while feeding when you're interested in what's on tv!
4. Switch to night showers, especially if that's when someone else is home to look after the baby with you. You won't be in a rush and can make shower time nice and relaxing instead of hurried and stressful. On a side note - don't be surprised if you think you hear the baby cry every time you have a shower - it happens to lots of us!
Do you have any other tips to make life easier for new mums and dads? Share them in the comments below!
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE AS A GUEST POST ON YOUR BLOG OR IN YOUR NEWSLETTER? Of course you can - just make sure to include this bio and picture with it:
Marissa Roberts helps busy mothers find more time in the day to do everything. She teaches family friendly organising and time management techniques to mums looking for more work, life and family balance. Get her FREE ebook “5 Steps to an Easy Morning" at www.beautifullyorganised.com
- Picture by me! It's Sophie when she was tiny :)
- This post is not sponsored
Know someone with a baby on the way? Share this post with them by clicking one of the buttons below!